Kelowna group workshops
come together for Our Kelowna group workshops
We offer a number of group workshops in Kelowna & counselling including couples workshops, anger management groups, anxiety groups for children, and adult anxiety groups. Browse below the full details of all group workshops & counselling we put on.
If you would like to make payment installments, or if the cost is an obstacle to attending, please reach out to issue possible options.
NEW! Cognitive Behavioural
DBT Group to help clients change maladaptive thinking.
DBT acknowledges that there is a problem with the way clients think, but the therapist encourages clients to accept this and then helps them look at making changes so that their thinking is more balanced.
It is a principle-driven therapy that includes interventions including wise mind and opposite action step by step. In our group workshops, we will also work on building the skills of providing and accepting positive feedback from other group members and facilitators.
Group is held virtually. Wednesdays from 7-9 pm for 4 weeks.
Cost: $200 plus GST
FREE Online Grief Support Group
Are you grieving after the loss of a loved one, disconnected and unable to mourn with others due to many pandemic restrictions? Crossroads Collective is offering a weekly drop-in zoom support group.
These Group Workshops will give you the space to talk freely with others, explore and express your emotions and honor the memory of your loved one with those who are also grieving.
This online Zoom group is open to all on Tuesdays from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Learn to be attuned, responsive, and engaged with your partner. We help couples understand love, emotions, and needs. These Group Workshops allow partners to control negative dances and create a loving bond. We discuss the following throughout the 8 sessions:
1) Recognizing demon dialogues
2) Finding the raw spots
3) Revisiting a rocky moment
4) Hold me tight – engaging and connecting
5) Forgiving injuries
6) Bonding through touch
7) Keeping your love alive
Cost: $275 plus GST
Anger Management Group
In these Group Workshops, we explore the root causes of your personal journey with anger. We learn about why we feel the way we do and our goals for positive change. This anger management group will provide healthy techniques to practice in your life outside the class.
This group setting is helpful to share experiences, support each other and practice what we learn in class.
Cost: $200 plus GST
Anxiety Group for children
AGES 6 – 12 YEARS
This group workshop starts with positively reframing the anxiety within children as a “talent for creative worrying” and a “sensitive body alarm system”.
Each session includes skills which the children will learn and be engaged to practice during the week.
Cost: $120 plus GST
Adult anxiety group workshops
Anxiety in adults is one of the most common mental health issues today. Instead of feeling like you can’t face the day, we’re here to show you how to reduce your anxiety. We offer new coping methods, along with emotional anxiety support.
Cost: $180 plus GST
Sexual Health & Education
Adolescence Is a Time of Change.
This 5-week sex education course is designed to help young people gain the information, skills, and motivation to make healthy decisions about sex and sexuality throughout their lives. During the teen years, the hormonal and physical changes of puberty usually mean people start noticing an increase in sexual feelings. It’s common to wonder and sometimes worry about new sexual feelings. It takes time for many people to understand who they are and who they’re becoming. Part of that involves better understanding of their own sexual feelings and who they are attracted to.
The sessions are 50 minutes, once a week for 5 weeks.
Cost: $100 plus GST
Rebuilding Your Relationship Workshop
This 10-week educational group workshop helps people adjust to the ending of a love relationship. The sessions are for 3 hours, one night a week for 10 weeks. We’ll discuss the following topics:
- The Rebuilding Blocks: The rebuilding blocks give you an overview of the adjustment process when experiencing the loss of a relationship.
- Adaptation: You may have learned adaptive behaviour during your formative years in order to get your needs met. These adaptive behaviours may have become maladaptive in your adult relationships.
- Grief: Grieving your various losses of love. There is a connection between overcoming denial, grieving, and disentangling from a former love partner.
- Anger: Ending a love relationship results in feelings of anger. Resolving anger allows you to find forgiveness for yourself and your former love partner.
- Self-worth: Improving your feelings of self-worth will help you move beyond pain and find the strength to grow.
- Transition: After improving your self-worth, you are emotionally stronger and ready to experience personal growth. You are ready to wake up and begin taking charge of your life.
- Openness: You have been using a great deal of emotional energy trying to be someone other than who really you are. You may choose to be free to be you.
- Love: Is it okay to love yourself? The more you love yourself, the more you can love others.
- Relatedness: The relationships that develop following the ending of an important relationship can be an important part of your growing process. You may find the friendships you make can help you grow and adjust.
- Sexuality: You long for emotional intimacy but you are afraid. Intimacy starts with becoming better acquainted and more intimate with yourself. Understanding your own sexuality, and learning more about the way others feel will be helpful.
Cost: $275 plus GST
The Defining Decade Workshop
What every 20-somethings needs to know – and all Millenials – Based on the Book by Meg Jay
The vision that you want is out there, you just have to create it. These Group workshops are for people in their 20s and the work we do together highlights how the job market has shifted. We introduce “identity capital”, which is the collection of skills, relationships, and professional resources we build up over our lives.
We discuss the feeling of failure, love, choosing life partners, and how to react to negative information correctly. As young adults, many try to quit the situation or job when things get tough. We break down the why behind this need and what to do instead.
These Group Workshops are for those who are ready to set goals for themselves and actively work towards accomplishing them.
Cost: $40 plus GST
Special Needs Group Workshops
If you’re struggling with getting a diagnosis for your child or recently received one and you’d like to learn more about it, these Group Workshops are for you. We’ll cover how to get a formal diagnosis, resources for early development, school-age children and teenagers.
This workshop will also dive into developing and implementing robust individual learning plans (IEP’s) and navigating the public school system. We’ll discuss what’s offered by the Ministry of Children and Family Development, the Child Tax Credit, and the Child Care Subsidy.
Cost: $40 plus GST
Vision board night
At Crossroads Collective in Kelowna we believe in growth and transformation. One way to propel this growth forward is through the act of intention. Through creativity and art, we can create our own vision boards and maximize our potential. This group is held once every two months and space is limited.
Cost: $50 plus GST. Supplies are included.
We are here to support you along your journey.
We are now accepting virtual appointments as well as in-person appointments.
Click below and schedule your first visit today!