Langley Music Centre
Experience the music
Crossroads Collective is pleased to offer music lessons for children and adults. We also specialize in music therapy for those in need.
Private one-on-one instruction
- Our private instructors provide a supportive environment for children, youth and adults to enjoy improving their playing ability with a program that is tailored to each student’s goals.
- For those seeking a different approach, a contemporary curriculum is also available. This includes the basics of reading music with the option to learn chording, ear training, and improvisation.
- Private lessons are usually taken once per week for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. They are available for booking Monday through Saturday.
- Students must have a keyboard or a piano at home to practice on.
- We also have a high participation rate in our Year-End Recital. Although this is optional, it is a great opportunity for our students to showcase their skill and build their confidence.
At our Langley Counselling Centre, we offer music therapy in one-on-one private sessions as well as group sessions. We work with your family to determine what type of music therapy will work best for you and your loved ones. These programs are available to both children and adults.
FEEL THE MUSIC IN YOUR SOUL
Music therapy at Crossroads Collective promotes emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health. Participants engage in a range of musical experiences, allowing them to express themselves that transcends words.
CLINICAL AND EVIDENCE BASED
Music therapists are able to engage in therapeutic conversations with children using music as a tool. It allows children to build meaningful connections while working on coping skills. We offer group sessions as well as one-on-one music therapy.
MUSIC THERAPY PROGRAMS WE OFFER:
6 – 8 years
Musical storytelling: Kids create sounds and sing along to musical stories such as Bear Hunt. We use percussion instruments to help tell the story.
Puppet plays using iMovie: Kids choose a story or write an original story and then create all the props and backdrops to film a story in iMovie. They narrate their own stories and have their puppets act out each part.
Picture books: Kids create their own picture books during the sessions. We sketch things out, make a storyboard and then start to assemble pages into my computer.
Middle Schoolers and above
Creative Writing: Based on the interest of the child/teen, we cover the different types of writing.
Songwriting: Kids make up their own songs using Garageband and record their voices.
Music Parodies: Making videos of song parodies that they write and act out.
PSA’s: Kids write PSA’s about subjects they are passionate about.
Youtube: Kids set up their own Youtube Channels. (with parent’s permission and we film little videos and upload)
Blogging: Kids love to learn how to blog. We set up their own blog with parent’s permission.
Music Exploration: Singing and playing instruments together.
We are here to support you along your journey.
We are now accepting virtual appointments as well as in-person appointments.
Click below and schedule your first visit today!