Third Party Funding
We are an approved vendor for any Variety Club funding and can also help you fill out the applications and help get you funds to put towards our various therapies such as Counselling, Play Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dietician Services and Massage Therapy.
Variety child grants fund adaptive equipment, specialized therapies & counselling, tuition & tutoring, mental wellness support, and private assessments.
Find out if you qualify for a Child Grant
At Variety, our vision is to empower every child with special needs to reach their unique potential. To achieve this vision we step in where health care ends to fund equipment and services by giving grants to families. Child grants you can apply for are listed here, however please visit each of there individual pages for more information:
- Adaptive/Mobility Equipment
- Mental Wellness
- Private Assessments
- Specialized Therapies
- Tuition & Tutoring
Eligibility Requirements for Child Grants
To qualify for our mobility and adaptive equipment grants, families must meet the following criteria:
- The grant must be for a child who is between birth and their 19th birthday.
- The child must be a resident of B.C. or Yukon and must have resided here for a minimum of three months.
- The child must have a valid Health Care Card.
- The grant must be for a child with a qualified medical or developmental special need, recognized by a designated professional. (This does not apply to autism assessment requests)
- The family must have limited financial resources to afford the item or service required. (We are currently able to consider requests from households with an annual income of up to $85,000).
- Families can apply for up to two grants in one fiscal year (October through September) with one application and one set of supporting documents.
- Click here for information about our Type 1 Diabetes Support that has different eligibility requirements.
Maximum grant amounts, per fiscal year (Oct-Sep) given to each family, per type of child grant
- Maximum: Adaptive & mobility equipment: $4000
- Maximum: Van conversion: $7,500
- Maximum: Mental wellness counselling: $2,500
- Maximum: Specialized therapies: $2,500
- Maximum: Autism and psychoeducational assessments: $4,000
- Maximum: Tutoring bursary for learning disabilities: $1,500
- Maximum: Tuition (school fees): $4,000
- Maximum: Type 1 Diabetes Support is based on your PharmaCare Maximum Family Deductible (Slightly different than our other child grant maximums above).
We have provided the forms necessary for you to apply for your grants/funding. If you need any help filling them out, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Lisa Moore, MA
MA Counselling Psychology, RCC, CCC, Clinical Counsellor (RCC) & Certified Play Therapy Supervisor
DEMOGRAPHIC: Children, Youth, Adults and Family Therapy
SPECIALTIES: Play Therapy, Special Needs Advocacy and Diagnosis, Anxiety, Depression, Career Counselling, Addictions, LGBTQIA+, Aboriginal Issues, Grief
Associate Counsellor (CBT) & Grief Specialist
DEMOGRAPHIC: Adults, Families, Youth, Children
SPECIALTIES: Anxiety, Grief & Loss, Self-Esteem, Fears, Mental Health, Trauma, Personal Development, Parent Education, Blended Families, Depression, supporting parents with special needs, Autism/Adhd/ADD/OCD/ODD diagnosis
DEMOGRAPHIC: Children, Youth, Young Adults, New Moms, Families
SPECIALTIES: Play therapy, Art therapy, Special needs, Anxiety, Fear, Self-esteem, Behavioural Intervention, School and academic related challenges, supporting parents with Autism/ADHD/ ADD/ODD diagnosis
We are here to support you along your journey.
If you have any questions about any of the programs, feel free to reach out to our team of experts. Crossroads Counselling is always here to help you and guide you through those difficult times.
Click below and schedule your first visit today!